Train, inquire and work on a network
Francesco Casile is a nurse, currently retired, who in his professional career
it has given great impetus to the growth of its profession by dealing with training.
The welcoming and supporting family environment in which he grew up strongly influenced the
personality and professional life by helping him to face and overcome the difficulties
meet along the way. In fact, despite the unso positive training experiences
childhood, he cultivated a love for knowledge and shared its fruits. The meeting with
the nursing profession has made him aware of the predominant role of creativity
assistance and the need to engage with both colleagues and other
professionalism working in the network, as well as the indispensable nature of continuing training in this
importance of sharing the knowledge acquired in order to make it a common heritage for the
After a long and fruitful professional career, characterized by a crescendo of experience
intense and rewarding, dedicated mainly to teaching as a teacher of ethics
and bioethics, urged his students and colleagues to be creative and proactive, not to
surrender in the face of difficulties, to produce knowledge through research by publishing writings,
culture and stimulus for those who have made care their choice of life.
Video table of contents
- An emigrant for health reasons
- School in Turin: a bad start
- An unethical boy becomes a dental technician in '68
- Military service and meeting with the health world
- The nursing school and the nursing struggle movement
- A nurse in neurosurgery
- The history of steak and pan
- Training: the meaning of being a nurse
- A new change: work in psychiatry
- 1989: the school for managers
- The work of educational director in Milan: a series of lucky meetings
- 1994: return to Turin: the role of head of service-pioneer.
- A training course for "conflicting" coordinators
- The teaching of ethics and bioethics since 1983
- Telling the story of nursing
- The school class dinner for dental technicians: I would do the nurse again!
- The journal of psychiatry: formative reflection has no boundaries
- From family teaching to awareness of the importance of the network
- What is significant for my working life.
- The advice I would like to give to my colleagues
- The difference between the day yes and the day no in my craft
- Creativity is key in nursing work
- My regret
- What does mediation mean and how it can be done?
- The influence of the episode of my first day of school in Turin
- We must not be overcome by difficulties
Date of birth: 01-23-1954
City: Reggio Calabria
Document by: Lidia Laska, Maria Ximena Arias Cucho, Madalina Elena Ciocan, Martina Marino, Stefania Anna Carbonari, Maria Luisa Varricchio
Video by: Andrea Icardi
Questo video fa parte del seguente archivio
Knowledge of healing
Knowledge of healing
The archive “knowledge of Healing” was created with the aim of giving space to the narration of the places of healing from a particular point of view: that of the patients and the medical staff. A point of view which differs from the statistical one that official relations use to describe the medical field. This is how we find new stories about how throughout time the relationship between patients and medical staff has changed, how knowledge has helped to bring change by offering the chance to critically revisit the training methods nowadays used.